If you’re here, you’ve probably already found VMKB2092228 and been frustrated by the lack of an easy and consistent way to configure all the NSX components to send log data. Me too.
I put together a vRO workflow to help configure (and reconfigure) syslog on NSX.
- It prompts for the NSX manager connection info and Syslog server info
- Creates a REST host for the NSX manager using the admin super-user account
- Adds several REST operations to the NSX Manager REST host
- Deletes and readds the syslog configuration on the NSX Manager
- Optionally configures Activity Monitoring on the NSX Manager
- Identifies each running Controller; deletes and readds the syslog config on each
- Identifies each deployed and “Green” Edge (including DLRs); deletes and readds the syslog config on each
- Removes the NSX Manager REST host created earlier
- It must use the NSX Manager admin account – it’s the only superuser account that can update teh manager config.
- If a Controller is not running when the workflow runs, its syslog config will not be updated
- If an Edge’ state is not “green” or is not fully deployed, its syslog config will not be updated
- REST-HTTP plugin for vRO is required
- Tested with vRO 6.0.2 and NSX 6.2.1
- Get the package Download Here
By downloading any code, package or file, you acknowledge that:There is no explicit or implied warranty or support for the code. Neither Brian Ragazzi, his employer nor anyone else is responsible for any problems, errors, omissions, unexpected behavior, breakage, trauma, outage, fatigue, lost time, lost work or incontinence that may occur as a result of using the code or package.
- Import package into vRO
- Run the ConfigureSyslogNSX workflow